|Associate Professor :
Dr. Mitsuru SATOH
|Office : Main Bldg. Room H-255
e-mail : msatho(at)cms.
Lecture F Advanced Material Science of Polymers IIA, IIB
Laboratory Home Page
Research Fields and Subjects
Satoh Lab aims at designing functional polymer materials through researches
on various systems where "Polymer and Water", both of which are ubiquitous but
remain to be fully elucidated, are involved with.
Examples:Elucidation of hydration (solvation) effects on the properties of polymer in solution and gel systemsCDesign of functional polymer materials via establishment of novel concept on the hydrophilicity/hydrophobisity and on the basis these research works, in fact, we have found the "Super Salt-Resistive" gel and succeeded in preparation of highly water-swelling gel consisting of water-insoluble substances.
Research subjects :
- Development of brine-absorbing polymer gel with super salt-resistive gel
- Elucidation of Hofmeister Series
- Elucidation of counterion- and solvent-specificities for conformational transitions of polyelectrolytes
- Elucidation of phase separation mechanism of thermo-responsive polymers in water
- Preparation of DRY WATER and DRY GEL and elucidation of their fundamental properties
Message from the Laboratory
Interaction of Methane Hydrate and Na+Hydrate Cluster
iStructure Optimized by B3PW91/3-21Gj